Toronto Lifestyle Photographer: Studio Policies
Welcome to the page that many often refer to as the “boring” page. I know, I know, policies are always the boring part to read over.
We keep our studio policies online (as well as include a copy of them to all of our clients) as a way of ensuring that all parties involved are fully aware of expectations and
procedures and so that Ten.2.Ten Photography can operate in a way that is fair to all clients and staff. We are thankful that we have a full roster of clients to photograph each and every week. While we loooove that we get to capture so many stories, it also means that we have to make sure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to understanding things like how payments and cancellations work.
Ready for all the boring policies? Here they are! Feel free to email us if you have any questions.
- A non-refundable retainer of $200 due at time of booking in order to secure your date and time-frame.
- Remainder due 48 hours before the session.
- Payment can be made via email money transfer (preferred) or online via Credit Card. Cheque is not accepted.
- Cancellation policy – fair but firm: In the event that a person who is to be photographed is ill and cannot participate in the session or if a cancellation is necessary for any other reason, if you cancel with 48 hours notice or more, you will be offered the option to reschedule within the next 45 days or you forfeit your retainer. New appointments must be made at the time of cancellation in order to use the retainer for the future session.
- If you cancel within 24-48 hours notice, rescheduling will be offered for a fee of $50. New appointments must be made at the time of cancellation in order to use the retainer for the future session.
- When you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or are a no-show, you forfeit your retainer.
- Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice may be offered a reschedule for a fee of $50 at the discretion of the photographer, no-shows will not be offered the opportunity to reschedule.
- Due to our busy schedule, reschedules requested by clients are limited to 1 time only. A second reschedule request will result in forfeit of the deposit and any fees paid.
- Inclement Weather: Cancellations due to the weather are rare and are only done for when there is consistent rain. Sessions are not cancelled for wind or overcast weather. Ten.2.Ten Photography will make the call no later than 3-hours before the session (via email) as to whether the session will be postponed due to weather or whether the session will proceed. Clients understand that they will be offered a date to reschedule within 45 days and that these available times may include early mornings and weekdays. Clients may opt to have their lifestyle session indoors in the case of inclement weather. Should the client not be able and/or willing to reschedule within the 45 days, the retainer will be forfeit.
On the Day of the Session
- Arrival Times: Please arrive for your session 10-15 minutes early and arrive prepared (outfits on, hair done, etc.) If you arrive up to 30 minutes late for your session, we will shoot for the period of time remaining. We will not extend the session. There are no exceptions to this nor will there be partial refunds given. If you do not arrive by 30 minutes after the scheduled start time of your session, you will be considered a “no-show” and you will forfeit your retainer and any other payments made.
- Please ensure that there are no other individuals taking photos during our session as this causes a distraction and takes away from the lifestyle experience. This includes the clients themselves.
- Please do not bring personal assistants, nannies, caregivers, or friends to your session. Having additional persons present is very distracting, not only to the photographer but also to those being photographed. Those who are present should be those who will be photographed.
- Ten.2.Ten Photography will suggest time-frames and locations for the session based on their need for available, high-quality natural light. Should the clients opt not to choose a location or time-frame suggested by Ten.2.Ten Photography, they understand that the quality of their photos may differ from those existing in our various portfolios.
After the Session
- While we take many images during our session together, post-session the images will be ‘culled’. This means that only those images that meet our artistic standard and that contain an integral part of the story will be included in the final gallery. We do not include images that are blurry, were test shots, have eyes closed or do not meet our standard of quality. The images that do not pass the culling process are immediately purged from our system and are not retrievable. The average session yields about 60-80 images although this can vary.
- We provide edits in a combination of either colour or black and white based on our artistic judgement. We edit some in colour; others in black and white. We will not take additional requests for re-edits. When you hire Ten.2.Ten Photography to capture your lifestyle images, you are trusting in our judgement.
- Editing consists of standard exposure correction, tonal adjustments, sharpening and contrast adjustments. We do not “nip and tuck” (ie: change body shapes) nor do we remove blemishes, etc.
- Online galleries and image ordering is available for 30 days from the date you receive your online gallery. After this date, images will be archived until 90 days from the date of your session. If you wish to have your images un-archieved and your online gallery + ordering capabilities made active again, a fee of $100 will apply. Un-archieving will provide you with an additional 15 days access of your images.
- After 90 days from the date of your session, Ten.2.Ten Photography will purge the image files from our system in order to make digital storage room for future sessions. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they have thoroughly made and tested their backup copies prior to this. Clients will not be notified prior to image purge. Clients acknowledge that after the purge of file, professionally printed items will no longer be available nor will backup copies of files.
Social media: When using images online, please ensure a photo credit to Ten.2.Ten Photography is given to each photo. Please refrain from applying any Instagram filters or re-editing or manipulating the photo in any way.
- Due to the nature of documentary photography, we will be capturing the emotions present during the time of our session. We will not offer a reschedule for any other reasons than severe weather or technical malfunction of equipment. We ask that children be well rested before hand, have had a snack and have as much of a stress-free day as possible prior to the session. If a child is uncooperative during the session, we cannot offer a reschedule or any form of a refund.
- While we understand that some individuals are self-conscious and do not like looking at themselves in photos, we are not responsible for a client’s interpretations or personal feelings regarding the photos.
- Please do not send us photography related messages via text, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform. In order to keep a healthy work/life balance and in order to keep track of our conversations with clients for our records we prefer that all official correspondence go through our email ([email protected])
- Sessions are non-transferable
- Printed media must be paid for in full at the time of placing printed media order.
- Due to the custom nature, all sales final.
- Ten.2.Ten Photography reserves the right to update studio policies at any time.
If you have any questions regarding our policies, please ensure that you ask us ideally at the time of booking or at our pre-session consultation.