As many of you know, I spend my weekdays working as a Radiation Therapist. That means I’m there helping my patients fight their battle with cancer by providing them care and treatments that can help take away their pain and even help cure them.
It’s the kind of job that really makes you grateful for all you have. I am very lucky to have not only one fantastically rewarding career, but two! When I started Ten·2·Ten Photography several years ago, I had no idea I’d be where I am today! And truth be told… I couldn’t have done it without every single one of you! Thank you to all my previous and current clients and also to all of my Facebook Fans for taking the time out of your day to click the “Like!” button on my page.
The idea of ‘giving back’ is what inspired this contest. I am giving away not only a free photo shoot but also a custom designed designed 40-side Deluxe album containing photos from your photo shoot! Did I mention you also get your 20 fave photos on DVD to be able to share online and print at your convenience? This is a prize package worth…..(drum roll please)….. over nine hundred dollars!
That’s right folks – our prize package has a value of $910!
But wait a minute… doesn’t the title of this post say $1,300? Keep reading to find out more!!!
How to Enter
Email your information to [email protected] by July 14th, 11:59pm. You can enter yourself in the contest or you can nominate a friend or family member who you think is deserving of the prize. To enter the contest, you must email me with the contestant name, contact information, a photo and a little blurb about what you (or they) would use this portrait session for or why you (or they) deserve to win!
On July 15th, I will post a special photo album on my FanPage! This album will contain the names and photos of all the contestants and even a little blurb about why they want to win or what they would use this portrait session for. Now it’s time for the contestants to campaign for votes – but no worries, voting is simple!
How to Vote
First, get your friends to join my FanPage by clicking the “like” button! After they join, they need to tag themselves in your picture if they want to vote for you! Voila! Voting complete! You can vote for as many of the contestants as you want and anyone can vote (previous ‘likers’ and new ‘likers’) but remember, you can only vote for each person once! Voting will take place from July 15th until August 15th so there’s plenty of time to campaign for yourself or your loved one.
How to Win
Every time someone tags themselves in your photo, you’ll get points! If one of our previous 200 likers tags themselves in your photo, you’ll get 1-point per person. If the person tagging themselves in your photo is a new member of the group (#201 or higher) then you get 5-points per person! The more new people you bring to the page, the higher your chances are to win!
On August 15th the album will be closed for tagging and the votes will be tallied. The winner will be announced by August 18th on my FanPage!
Oh, and did I mention there’s a bonus prize, too?
The Bonus Prize
I started this contest when we hit 200 fans – but I would love nothing more than to see us triple our fan base hit the 600 fan mark! If we can hit 600 fans by the end of the contest, the winner will have their prize upgraded from the Deluxe Album to the stunning, top-of-the-line Bride & Groom Coffee Table Album. (And yes, even thought it’s called “Bride and Groom” Album it can feature photos from any type of shoot!) Winning the bonus prize would mean that your prize package has a value of $1,315.00!
The Fine Print
I know this is the “long and boring” part, but since the prize package has such an amazing value – I need to make sure the rules are outlined clearly so everyone understands the contest and has an equal chance of winning!
- Contestants must be 18 years of age of older.
- If nominating someone else for the contest, be aware that I will be contacting them via email to ensure they consent to being part of the contest before adding their photo and name to the Photo Album for votes.
- No late entries accepted, sorry!
- Both current and new “likers” can tag themselves in photos. You can vote for as many of the contestants as you want, but you can only vote for each contestant once.
- Please, no cheating! Let’s have a good, fun, honest contest! (You cannot “unlike” the page and then “re-like” it to change your point-value when voting. Any participant suspected of doing this will end up with a vote points value of zero.)
- Any contestant suspected of cheating will not be eligible for the prize.
- If you “unlike” the FanPage after tagging yourself in a photo, your vote point-value will be zero.
- Only photo tags will be valid. Comments under the photos are appreciated and will help put you in the newsfeed so that more people vote for you, but they do not count for points.
- Those who use their Facebook account as a couple or family (ie: two users, one account) will only count as 1-person for the sake of this contest.
- A minimum of 15 entries must be received prior to the contest opening for votes. The contest period may be extended indefinitely until the required amount of participants is reached.
- A minimum of 75 points is required to be considered a winner.
- Should the minimum number of points (ie: 75) not be reached, the winner will receive a consolation prize consisting of 1 free session fee (value: $100).
- In the event of a tie, the first contestant to recruit 5 new Fans to the Ten·2·Ten Photography Facebook Page will be declared a winner.
- The winner will be posted on the wall of the Facebook FanPage on August 18th, 2011. The winner must contact me via email no later than August 30th, 2011 or prize is invalid.
- The contest is open to residents who reside within 1.5 hour driving distance from downtown Toronto, Ontario. Those living beyond the driving distance can participate with the understanding that their shoot, should they win, must take place within the allotted driving distance.
- The winning contestant must be willing to sign a model release form for the photos taken during their session.
- Should the winning contestant have a pending session, the prize cannot be used towards their balance. It can only be used towards a future session.
- Client is responsible for any additional fees (ie: photo permits, parking, etc.) that may be required depending on the location in which they wish to have their shoot.
- The prize has no cash value and is non-transferable.
- Session must take place before November 15th, 2011.