Ashley + Rylan’s Deer Creek Wedding was one for the books! As a Toronto wedding photographer, I’ve shot a number of Deer Creek weddings but this was an absolutely picture-perfect day. (see what I did there?) One of the things photographers love on a wedding day is couples who are totally nuts for each other + amazing, supportive families who are there for one heck of a celebration. And wouldn’t you know it, this wedding had all of that and more!
The morning with the boys starting out as any morning would…. with a considerable amount of video games. I mean, let’s face it – it really only takes the guys about 3.1 minutes to get ready. One of the best things you can do on your wedding morning is to chill with your friends and do something that you love.
Before heading off to their Deer Creek wedding for the ceremony and reception, we also stopped to see Ashley and her wedding party as they enjoyed a morning of beauty, mimosas, and gifts. There may not have been any videogames here but they managed to find a way to enjoy themselves anyway ;-)
One of the things I love the most about this morning is that Ashley did a “reveal” to her bridesmaids. Only her maid of honor and mom helped her into her dress and everyone else got to be there for the “Tah dah!” moment. I’d urge anyone who is looking to make their day as memorable as possible to consider really planning for these types of emotional moments.
Everyone’s looking super fab – to time to head into the car and go to the next stop: the ceremony!
Anyone who plans a Deer Creek golf course wedding hopes for good weather because an outdoor ceremony at Deer Creek is always beautiful. The last time we were at Deer Creek we got rained out so we were just as excited as the couple was to have beautiful sun this day! Ashley walked down the aisle with friends and family beaming as they saw how stunning she was. Oh, and Rylan? He certainly remember how lucky of a guy he is!
THEY DID IT! THEY’RE MARRIED NOW!!!
After the ceremony came formal photos as we wandered the grounds of Deer Creek looking for shade. At this point it was getting HOT outside! Okay Mr. Sun – we get it – you’re here too.
When you’re getting married on a golf course finding shade can be challenging but it was a challenge we were certainly up to! Ashley and Rylan also decided to take a quick step outside during their cocktail hour to snap a few more photos as the sun faded and painted the area in a beautiful summer glow.
We were thrilled to see that everyone was on the dancefloor at the end of the night and as we were packing up, the energy at Deer Creek kept on building! What an amazing group of people to have the pleasure of photographing.
Deer Creek Wedding Tips
- Since Deer Creek is a golf course as well as an event space, you are limited as to where you can take photos. Unfortunately some of those areas (like the gazebo’s) are also for ceremonies which means other couples could have some of those exclusive locations booked.
- You’re also limited when taking photos in front of the venue as this is an active roadway and other wedding guests need to use the area.
- As is common with any golf course, there’s not a whole lot of shade to be found so shooting mid-day can certainly be challenging!
- If you’re not using a gazebo for your ceremony, inquire as to whether or not you can formally reserve the space for your photos. This may come with a rental fee but it worth asking!
- If you’re not using a gazebo for your ceremony, consider taking your photos off-site as the existing limitations can make it difficult to find places for large groups to gather
- If that’s not possible, add in sunset photos! The front of the facility is gorgeous at sunset and worth the wait.