In Home Engagement Session
When it came time to plan their engagement session, we discussed a wide variety of possibilities. Ultimately, when choosing a theme or an approach to your engagement photos, you have to think “what represents US?” The answer in this case was a cozy in home engagement session.
Some couples are adventurous; they can be found climbing mountains, exploring new places and planning the next adventure before the current one ends. Some couples, on the other hand, are a bit more chill. We love adventure, but we love chill too. When M+K decided on a location for their engagement photos they opted to look no further than their own house – they are the chillest, most awesomely relaxed couple and it was a pleasure documenting the love that they share during their every-day activities. Images from this session were captured by Sarah.
Tips for Planning In Home Engagement Session
- Choose 2-3 areas of your home that you want to shoot in and focus your time and attention to prepping only those rooms prior to the session. Any unnecessary clutter should be removed.
- Consider freshening up the space with some blooms! Find a florist local to your neighbourhood and bring some extra beauty into your space
- Shoot during a time of day when the locations in question are getting plenty of natural light. The more the better! This may mean a morning session, but getting up extra early will be worth it!
- Once your photographer arrives, let yourself live in the moment. Make a promise to yourself that you’ll stop looking for the little things that could be re-arranged or tidied up. Your districtions will ultimately show in your photos. Enjoy your session and don’t sweat the small stuff!
- If you want an in home engagement session but you think your home may not be photo friendly enough, consider getting an AirBnB for your session! Not only will it be a beautiful backdrop but you can treat yourself to a stay-cation!