When your clients love Christmas, Unionville winter engagement photos are clearly the best choice for theme and location. I mean, what’s more, charming than Unionville? The sweet little storefronts are surrounded by greenery and in this case lots and lots and LOTS of snow! Oh, and if you haven’t figured it out by the cover photo on this blog post, two very special little floofs showed up as well! Thank you for choosing us as your Toronto wedding photographer and making our day with you extraordinary!
Unionville Winter Engagement Photos
Winter Engagement Photo Tips
- The best time to shoot engagement photos is the 1-2 hour timeframe before sunset. Unfortunately, in Canada during the winter time, sunset can be 4:30pm or even earlier depending on where in Canada you live. This means that you’ll be shooting earlier in the day.
- You can also do sunrise sessions much easier in the winter, though! With sunrise being around 7:30am (approximately) you don’t have to wake up ungodly early like you have to for sunrise sessions during the summer.
- Dress in layers; you can always take off a layer if you’re too warm
- If you’re too cold, it will show in your photos – even if you can fake a great smile it will come across in your body language
- Try wearing jackets that have some structure; a waste belt is a great addition to the jacket. While jackets will add bulk to your frame, wearing a stylish jacket (like Kaity and Josh did in these photos) will ensure that you still look absolutely fab.
- Be careful with scarfs. Kaity’s scarf was perfect as you could still see her jawline when her head was in a neutral position. If your scarf is too bulky it will take away your neck and make posing and movements a bit more awkward.
- Have a pop of colour as part of your wardrobe; in Kaity’s case it was her amaaaaazing hair. Don’t be afraid to throw in some colour to bring some vibrance to your images.
- Choose a location that has nearby areas where you run in and warm up (even if you have to buy a coffee), it will help you stay nice and toasty during your session!