I sincerely hope you love Kristen + Manny‘s York Mills Gallery wedding photos as much as I do! From their urban chique reception to their historic mansion formal photos at the Bob Rumball manor, the absolute piece of perfection to this day was the fluffy snowflakes that softly fell on them, telling us that winter weddings in Toronto are BEAUTIFUL!
Having a York Mills Gallery wedding is awesome because not only is the space versatile but the location within the city is amazing; there are so many photo locations within a short radius and they’re all gorgeous as you can clearly see. One of my favourite parts of the day wasn’t from the epic manor or luscious greenery and trees – it’s the small moments shared between the little ones and the adults throughout the day. Watching kids be a part of such a grand day is so moving. They are tiny little kiddos but they feel immensely important when they get to dress up and stand with the wedding party. They see the small and beautiful details of the day; they take in the chaos and the quiet. They may take a quick nap at some point but you gotta bet that you’ll be seeing them on the dancefloor too! Wedding days with little ones warms my heart.
Without further adieu; enjoy Kristen + Manny’s York Mills Gallery wedding photos!
Winter wedding Tips
- Remember: you’re in Canada and anything can happen. You may think you’ll have the perfect -10C weather but you can end up with -25C or +10C.
- Keep warm: whether it’s real fur or faux fur, a bride and bridesmaids don’t typically have the luxury of wearing as many layers at those in suits so have a plan to stay warm and stylish
- Choose a versatile photo location; something that has indoor and outdoor areas in the event of inclimate weather.
- Be aware of the trees! Opt for locations with evergreen trees as they look wonderful year round.
- Talk to your makeup artist about cold weather; they may have tips for you and your skin to help ensure that your look is flawless regardless of the temperature
- Don’t expect your bridal party to be as keen on outdoor photos as you are! Your bridal party will do anything for you…. almost. Some folks don’t do well in cold temperatures so make sure to have a heart to heart with your bridal party and ensure that everyone is okay shooting outdoors and at what point they would no longer feel comfortable. Sure, outdoor photos are gorgeous but not at the expense of the comfort or your besties!