Our Toronto wedding photography blog is barely one-year old and boy oh boy, what a year it has been! We’ve written dozens of original articles including advice articles for brides, advice and tips for wedding photographers, posted custom made professional album layouts and showcased some of our most best wedding photos from this past year. Unlike some other photographers who use their blog simply as an extension of their portfolio, we are so proud to be using our blog as a way to educate not only the soon-to-be-wed readers out there but also the new photographers, specifically, those looking at getting into wedding photography.
We’re are so excited (and I mean really, really excited) to now be accepting posts by guest bloggers! Our blog is active, fresh and content oriented and we reach nearly 2,000 unique viewers every month! We’re looking at expanding our “For Photographers” as well as our “For Brides” since both of these sections are not interest the most visitors but also have the most returning visitors. You can be part of the action if you are:
- A reliable and professional vendor in the wedding industry
- Own your own business
- Be active on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
Here’s what we’re looking for from our guest bloggers:
- Lists of photography locations, including photo tours (without clients in photos) from Kitchener/Waterloo Region, Durham Region and the GTA.
- Camera tips and tricks for the intermediate and developing professional photographer
- Photo editing tutorials (for either Lightroom or Photoshop)
- On and off-camera lighting tips
- For Photographers: How to pose clients of all shapes and sizes
- For Brides: How to look good in photos and be natural in front of a camera/modeling strategies
- Wedding planning tips and how it can have an effect on your photography (everything from lighting, decor, scheduling, etc.)
- Behind the scenes
- Any other articles – as long as they relate to the wild world of weddings!
Although we don’t want to be picky, there are a few rules and requirements for guest posts:
- All content must be original! Sorry, no copy and pasting from other articles.
- Content must be exclusive to the Ten·2·Ten Photography Blog and not published on any other online site or in print. You own the copyright to the article; however, you grant Ten·2·Ten Photography, exclusively, permission to use your content and photos it may contain on our blog at www.ten2tenphotography.com for the lifetime of the blog if so desires and at no cost to Ten·2·Ten Photography. In return, you will receive a brief (less than 160 words) bio of yourself at the end of your article as well as a link to your main business page.
- If your article features photos of a person or people, proof of a model release form must be made available.
- Any photos must be a maximum 800 pixels in length, DPI set at 72 and contain no watermarks
- Minimum word count is 400 words with a maximum word count of 800.
- No promotion of yourself or your business can be allowed in the articles; however, you will receive the link at the end of the article.
- You must allow Ten·2·Ten Photography to make slight edits (ie: grammar, flow, etc.) to the article as they see fit.
How to Submit an Article
If you have something interesting to talk about, email your full article to [email protected] with the subject line Guest Blog Posting. Along with your article you must also include:
- Your full name
- Your business name
- Your business website
- Any social media links to your business
- Your telephone number
- The number of years you have been in business
- The locations you service (GTA, worldwide, etc.)
- Applicable model release forms (should you be submitting an article featuring any people)
If your article submission does not include the above information, it will be automatically dismissed as we have already begun to receive plenty of articles and those which do not contain the above information are generally spam (which is a huge waste of our time!) On that note, due to the large amount of articles we have already received, it may take up to 4 weeks for your article to be reviewed. It’s important to mention that even with all the above information included, not all articles submitted will be accepted. We will use our discretion when accepting articles and accept only those that are well written, have rich content and fit well with our existing content. If your article is accepted to the blog, you will be notified within 4-weeks and you will also be made aware of what the publication date will be.
Looking forward to hearing from you!